Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Evaluation of Propecia (Finasteride) by american patients in Askapatient.com site


http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=20788&name=PROPECIA


346 Patients were asked about the efficacy, safety, side effects and whether they would recommend the drug to others. Each patient is told to give a rating from 1 to 5, with note 1 (Very dissatisfied - I would not recommend anyone taking this drug) and Note 5 (Very Satisfied - this medicine has helped me and healed me).



Evaluation of the drug finasteride 1 mg for hair loss:
Of the 346 patients:
148 assigned the note a (very dissatisfied - do not recommend anyone taking this drug) 
40 attributed the note 2    (Unsatisfied - this drug did not work so as to satisfy me) 
109 assigned grades 3 or 4 
49 attributed Note 5 (Very Satisfied - this medicine has helped me or heal me) Some testimonials: 
Of those who attributed Note 1: 

Patient, a) "Stay away from Finasteride! Took it for 2 ½ months. Despite having been warned that there could be a drop in libido, I never thought about how strong this effect would be. I do not have the slightest interest in sex." Symptoms: "Loss of sexual interest, watery semen, inability to have sex, inability to obtain and maintain an erection, loss of morning erection, penis appear smaller in size." Age: 40 years.

Patient b) "I'm doing very serious treatments to try to restore my metabolism. Never thought I would write it on a website, but I'm not interested in having sex. " Symptoms: "Loss of libido and erections. symptoms do not improve even after stopping the drug for two months." Age: 25 years. 

Patient c) "Honestly, I'll never trust a pharmaceutical company again. How can they legally sell something like this? This medication caused me great depression and no antidepressant is helping. " Symptoms: "Bone loss, symptoms of stress, anxiety and panic attacks, difficulty concentrating, feminization of the body." Age: 21 years 

Patient d) "I am a doctor and I took 1 mg finasteride 1999 to 2010 . I had my first panic attack in 2007. continued with the medication. The attacks continued and developed a severe depression in 2009. In 2010 I began developing strange neurological symptoms such as muscle spasms, cramps, memory severely affected and general weakness. I was diagnosed with hypersensitivity syndrome of peripheral . Also, my testosterone is 220, or a quarter of what would be normal for my age. (moderator's note - the scale is usually 300 to 1000) Exactly four months after I stopped taking the drug. I went from perfectly normal and healthy and SHP diagnosed with hypogonadism . I hate this drug and must be prohibited. " Age: 36 years

No comments:

Post a Comment